You can substitute the fruits you like if some of these aren’t your favorites… BUT… this recipe is just so good! I saw this on Prego and Mommy Chat page, but have made this for years ~ YUMMY!!!
The Best Fruit Salad in my opinion!
1 (29 ounce) can peach slices
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
1 (3 1/8 ounce) box dry vanilla instant pudding mix
1 lb of strawberries, (quartered)
1 banana, (sliced)
1/2 pint blueberries
1 bunch grapes (I use the red ones)
1 -2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
In a large bowl, combine peaches, pineapples, and vanilla pudding mix. This includes the juices from the cans. Mix well until pudding is dissolved. Stir in strawberries, banana, blueberries, grapes, and sugar if desired. Chill.
Anything can be made into a healthy dessert, even this one! Use a little imagination and come up with low fat / no fat alternatives to fit your dietary needs ~ OR make as is 🙂
For the Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup granulated sugar
8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
For the Fruit & Toppings:
3 to 4 bananas, sliced
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
16 ounces strawberries, hulled, and sliced
8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened. Dump the crumbs into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the COOL WHIP until thoroughly combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
4. Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on top of the cream cheese filling, top with an even layer of the crushed pineapple, and then an even layer of the sliced strawberries.
5. Cover with the COOL WHIP, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
This is delicious, easy and just down right ‘wrong’… 🙂 Make it and let set in the refrigerator for a little while (a couple of hours) for the flavors to ‘meld’ together for best results ~ Thanks Entertain with Ease! Check her out on Facebook!
Mint Fruit Dip
2 cups sour cream
2 cups plain Greek yogurt *
1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
~Mix all ingredients and serve with your favorite fruit
* want a little bit more sweet taste?? …use vanilla Greek yogurt
Do you ever get “Mommm… I can’t find anything to eat, and I’m starving” when the kids get home from school??? I used to get this ALL THE TIME with my 2 boys and of course, their friends that would ALWAYS come home with them ~ … this dish can be made from start to finish in about 10 minutes – THAT’S GETTING THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER and MAKING IT!!! YaHoo! 🙂 ~ so let’s go!
Microwave Oatmeal Bars
So easy to make!
2 cups of quick-cooking oats
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup of honey
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a bowl combine oats and brown sugar. Then stir in melted butter and honey. Press into a greased 9 inch square microwave dish.
Microwave uncovered on high for 90 seconds-then rotate a half turn and microwave 90 seconds longer.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Then microwave on 30% power for 4 1/2 minutes or until chips are glossy.
Refrigerate 15-20 minutes before cutting and then store in airtight container.
“While sharing links to My Healing Journey © 2014 is welcome and encouraged (please and thank you), do not copy/paste full recipes to any social media (Facebook, etc), blogs or websites without express written consent. Unauthorized use of content and photos from My Healing Journey © 2014 is a violation of both the federal Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and copyright law.”
FROzen YOgurt Fruit Bars are so easy and SO satisfying ~
This recipe is perfect to tweak with your favorite fruits / flavors and make it your own! 🙂
Fro-Yo Fruit BARS
1 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt (I used 3/4 cup plain and 3/4 cup vanilla)
2 tablespoons honey (can add more if you like it sweeter, I skipped this using the vanilla yogurt)
3/4 cup chopped mixed berries
Mix all ingredients together. Line in an 8×8 baking dish and place in freezer. Once frozen cut into bars.
These days, the easier I can make my life, the better ~ I love to make things homemade or have goodies around that I can use in more than one way. This jam is perfect! EatingBirdFood came up with a brilliant idea that just makes the most perfect sense! We know how Chia seeds thicken and also add fiber as well as some protein to our diets ~ YEAH! Homemade jams… here I come! 🙂
PB & J sandwiches, biscuits, waffles, ice cream, yogurt, ETC … oh the possibilities are endless!
Easy Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon water
- stevia, to taste (or other sweetener, like maple syrup)
- If using frozen strawberries, let them thaw. I try to limit my use of the microwave so I just sat mine in a bowl out on the counter for an hour or so.
- Mash strawberries with a fork or blend them. I mashed one batch and used my immersion blender for another – both methods worked great, but the blended version was more like jelly and less like jam.
- Mix in chia seeds, water and stevia, if using. I used 2-3 drops of liquid stevia, but I don’t think it would be necessary with super sweet berries. It just depends on how sweet you want your jam.
- Cover the mixture and place in the fridge to set up for a while, 30-60 minutes is ideal.
Oh Baby! I’ve loved these since I was little and this recipe is THE ONE to have on hand for when those cravings hit ya ~ the grown ups will be able to eat these without guilt ~ 112 Calories Each ~ (of course, moderation 🙂 ) and the kiddos will think you are simply awesome! THANK YOU HUNGRY GIRL ♥
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 30 min
# Servings: 12
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2 tablespoons light whipped butter or light butter spread
4 cups Multi Grain Cheerios Dark Chocolate crunch cereal
3 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
12 paper lollipop sticks, if desired
Step 1: Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or cooking parchment paper.
Step 2: In large microwavable bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter uncovered on High 45 seconds to 1 minute. Stir until smooth.*
Step 3: Immediately stir in cereal and chips until evenly coated. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until mostly cool. Press mixture firmly into 12 two-inch balls (if necessary, lightly spray hands with cooking spray to prevent sticking; wash hands occasionally, and re-spray). If desired, insert paper lollipop sticks into center of each cereal ball, pressing firmly around each stick. Store loosely covered. Best if served the same day.
- *You can make the marshmallow mixture on the stovetop. In 3-quart saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter over low heat, stirring until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and continue as directed in step 3.