What a great list to have / keep!
DEFINITELY comes in handy while baking and you are OUT of what you need! YEAH!!!
Ever see a recipe and it says “use cake flour’…and you don’t have any so OF COURSE you say to yourself “Oh well, I can’t make THAT one!” ~ check out this EASY substitution so NOW you can make your cake and EAT IT too ! 🙂
Hydrogen Peroxide ~ does so many things!! 🙂
Here’s a list of the many benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide!
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle).
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of “Peroxide” to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. One man reports, “I had a fungus on my feet for years – until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry. All gone.”
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. A nurse reports that she has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. If you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it’s not a drastic change.
11. Put half of a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there are protein stains on clothing, pour it directly on the spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Use 3% Hydrogen peroxide for removing blood stains – especially if they are fairly fresh. Pour directly on the soiled spot, let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. It is a great bleaching agent for stubborn stains on white clothes. Combine ½ c. hydrogen peroxide and 1 t. ammonia for a great stain removal combination.
15. Use hydrogen peroxide to bleach delicate items such as wool or wool blends. Soak them overnight in a solution of one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts cold water. Launder according to care instructions.
*Also, if you have a dog that you need to get to vomit (like if they ate a bunch of chocolate), make them swallow hydrogen peroxide. Give it to them a few teaspoons at a time.*
Have you tried the Cauliflower Pizza Crust lately?? OH YUM! ~ So this recipe makes sense… Trying to cut out the bread ALL the time is not easy (I don’t cut it out completely, but getting a veg or two in my meal is just a good idea!) 🙂
~~ Cauliflower Bread Lo Carb ~~
1 head of Cauliflower
1 packet of Good Seasons Italian Dressing (dry)
1/4 cup fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Pre heat oven to 325°
Grate or process the flower parts of the Cauliflower (no stems) until they are the resemble rice or smaller. I used a mini chopper and it worked great!
Next in a medium bowl ..combine cauliflower, dressing packet .eggs and cheese.
Mix well and place on parchment lined cookie sheet and form a square about an inch or so of thickness.
Bake for 40 minutes and remove from oven and while using another lined cookie sheet over top of the bread flip it over and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
Allow to cool and slice into squares for bread!!! Yum!!
This recipe makes 6 squares enough for three sandwiches.
Refrigerate leftovers or freeze for future use!