- 1/4 c Almond Butter (homemade or store bought)
- 1 c shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1-1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp raw, local honey
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil (if needed)
1. Pour coconut into food processor and process (scraping sides often) until the coconut resembles creamy nut butter and has a layer of shiny oil on the surface
2. Add almond butter (could also use Hazelnut or Cashew… yum) and process for 15 seconds until incorporated
3. Add salt, cocoa powder, and honey 1 Tbsp at a time to reach the bitterness and sweetness level that you like
***For reference, I like mine a little less sweet and more bitter and I used 1.5 Tbsp cocoa and 1 tbsp honey but if you want it more like the candy bar add less cocoa and more honey
4. It will be a thicker paste at this point so add a tsp of coconut oil and process for 30 seconds, if still thick and not creamy like a nut butter add more coconut oil until it is the right consistency!
5. Spread on sweet potatoes, fruit, carrots, your finger, a spoon, whatever!