I wasn’t too sure about the natural cleaners UNTIL I made the bathroom cleaner recipe…OH MY I AM A CONVERT / I AM SOLD FOR LIFE!
…economical…practical…REALLY works! ((happy, happy face!))
- Distilled white vinegar
- Citrus peels — lemons, oranges, limes, grapefruit
- Herbs — rosemary, thyme, & mint
- Spices– whole cinnamon & cloves
- Extracts–vanilla, almond, mint
- Essential oils (optional)
Use a 2 quart jar or sealable container. Add citrus peels, spices, herbs, and extracts (see suggested combinations below). Pour in enough vinegar to cover completely (approx. 5-6 cups). Cover tightly and let sit for at least 2 weeks (or as long as 1 month), shaking the jar every few days to redistribute contents. Strain liquid and store in covered jar or container for up to 1 year.DILUTING THE CONCENTRATE FOR USE:
Mix in a spray bottle using 1/3 cup scented vinegar concentrate for each 2/3 cups water. Add 3-4 drops essential oils or 1/2 to 1 teaspoon extract to enhance scent, if desired. Shake and use for cleaning most surfaces. Not recommended for granite or marble surfaces.
VINEGAR CITRUS COMBINATIONS:
1. Orange Spice. 4-6 cinnamon sticks, 1-2 tablespoons whole cloves, and 1 tablespoon almond extract, enough orange peels to fill jar.
2. Lemon Rosemary. 3-4 large rosemary sprigs, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, enough lemon peels to fill jar.
3. Lime Thyme. 6 sprigs thyme, enough lime peels to fill jar.
4. Grapefruit Mint. 8 large sprigs of mint (or 1 tablespoon mint extract), enough grapefruit peels to fill jar.